Mail wants to use the “login” keychain – FIXED
I have recently started getting pop-up message from the Mail application asking for Keychain password. (Keychain password is same as your login password, unless you have changed it.) The pop-up message reads “Mail wants to use the “login” keychain.” and the box for password.
I typed the password and received few emails. After few minutes, pop-up showed up again asking for password and process continued. Pretty annoying, right?
So what is the first thing you do when you see an issue you have never seen before? I go to Internet to search Google and Bing. 🙂 Quick search directed me to different pages asking to perform Keychain “repair”. But none of them worked.
However when I was in Keychain Access utility and looking here and there to see options available, I found the solution to this problem and I am sharing it with you.
Just follow the following steps and you will get rid from an annoying pop-up.
- Go to Finder –> Applications –> Utilities –> Keychain Access
- Click on the top left Lock icon and type your password
- Now right click on keychain “login”
- Click on “Change Settings for Keychain “login”…
- Uncheck both checkbox and click “Save”. (see below)
- That’t it. You can now quit the Keychain Access application.
It worked for me and I hope it works for you too. Let me know in the comments sections.