We received a failed update error on AVG CloudCare on the Server 2012 R2.
Error: Update Control File is Missing.
Tried reboot and that did not help.
Here is the fix for this error;
- Open up AVG Control Panel from System Tray
- Click Options –> Advanced Settings
- Select “AVG Self Protection” from the side and un-tick the “Enable AVG Self Protection” check-box
- Open Explorer and Delete the file C:\ProgramData\AVG2015\cfg\update.cfg
- Restart your computer
- Enable “AVG Self Protection”, click “Apply”
- Now Click Update to complete the update successfully.
Hope this helps.
/RDPosted by Ranjodh Deol